Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Farewell Address: Ephraim Teh

Dear Innebandiens, I write this now with a heavier heart (and probably body) than i would have, should i have contrived to remain in Penang. In case any of you were wondering why I've suddenly disappeared from training, the answer is simple : I've decided to continue my studies in Curtin University, Miri, Sarawak. The place and people here are very good and "user-friendly" but that alone cannot fill the gaping hole in my heart where Floorball used to reside. You see, I really really really really really x 100000000 miss floorball! =( i think about floorball when i'm eating, whenever i lose focus in class(haha), before i sleep, and even in the bathroom. x) Anyway, the purpose I write to you is to encourage and urge you to continue pursuing the perfection of this game we all love. It's been a bit more than a week since I've last held my Canadien Rifle and it really feels like a part of me is missing. I also would like to remind you to uphold the 3IC's and to obey the 7 Laws of Victory in our endeavour to achieve greatness. =)

For those competing in the upcoming Penang League, regardless of Division, I ask that you would put in 200% into your training, both on and off the court, as part of your Independent Culture! As sick as this sounds, I actually miss the physicals we have fortnightly. Don't give up when the going seems tough! It's worth it to see that perfect pass arrive at your partner's blade, or to watch the ball whizz past the keeper(Lin Ken ;D) into the net. Few things exhilarate my mind and body more than the adrenaline pumping through my veins during a high-octane match. Playing floorball makes me feel more alive, if you understand what I mean.

Secondly, it is my hope that you would support one another, as we have done all these years together, regardless of the scoreline or situation. The Inner Circle is something unique of Innebandy!Co and it would not be complete without each and every individual link that makes up the entire team. From my personal experience, the little bit extra or the sudden boost that you need and long for in matches often comes from fellow Innebandiens. Confidence in your own ability, your team and your teammates is vital in floorball. Anyone can cheer the team on! Motivate your teammates, your friends! Please do not leave this responsibility on the shoulders of the senior players. Make a difference! Do your part for Innebandy!Co .

Also, this message wouldn't be complete without our X-factor, Insane Courage! As an Innebandien, it is NOT in our nature to give up. We do not lose heart no matter the opponent or the challenge. As an individual, this is also a priceless habit to cultivate. Just like the Kamikaze bombers, we strive on through the obstacles in our path. Of course I'm not endorsing suicide but if properly applied, this IC will earn us many a victory. I can remember countless situations in which all hope seemed lost, but through our dogged determination and our unwavering belief in both Innebandy!Co and ourselves, we pulled through as one. Set an example to others, laughter is contagious and I suppose Insane Courage is too. I urge you to try things you never imagined would work on court(within the rules, please) and you may be surprised with the outcome.

So while I may or may not have a tear in my eye as I wrap this up, I'm very thankful and glad that I have been part of this magnificent team for the past 7-8 years. I hope that YOU will rise up and not let a few individuals run the whole show but let it really be a TEAM game, where everybody plays an equally important role. My deepest regret is that I'm not able to train and compete with you all regularly anymore. I pray that you would not come to this point of your life and regret not being more involved with Innebandy. I'll miss singing the Inne song and proudly wearing the team name on my chest. I hope you all are well and trust me when I say that you all are constantly on my mind. Thank you ALL for the wonderful memories that I'll always cherish. Some good news though, my semester breaks are in a few months so, who knows? I just MAY be able to make it back for the last matches for Division 1. Muahahaha! =D For the Christians, continue to shine Christ's light wherever you go, including on court, and continue to use floorball as an evangelitical tool. Always depend on Him for without Him, we are nothing. Remember the true meaning of our motto when we say ONE TEAM, ONE WAY.

Until next time, Ephraim Teh

No comments: