Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Farewell Address: Valerie Yentl Tan

It has been a pleasure to be playing for Innebandy!Co for 7 years. I still can remember the time when Innebandy!Co just started off. There was very few girl players and I was one of them. We were called Blazing Eagles at that time. Innebandy!Co has brought me up to be the Floorball player I am today. I’ve went through many ups and downs, especially during Wavechallenge (Girls’ category). Innebabes has never won any medals until the 3rd or 4th year of Wavechallenge. I’m very proud to be an Innebandian and Innebabe. As the years go on, many of the girls had to go off for further studies, leaving me the youngest girl player in the team back then. It was really sad that I could not compete in the girls category anymore. Nevertheless, I got the chance to train harder and played together with the boys. Throughout my 3/4 years in Innebandy!Co after Kao Cui Lin left, I was the last girl standing. It was until this year, more girls and boys started to join and stayed committed to Innebandy!Co .

I’m really glad to see the team growing in numbers and stronger physically and mentally every week. It’s a privilege to be part of this team. I truly appreciate everything and I want to thank Innebandy!Co for rising me up to be the Floorball player I am today. Thank you!

By the way, I’m currently studying in Curtin University of Sarawak. I’m taking Foundation in Engineering and Science. My course will last for 10 months. I hope to be back for Division 1, if possible. All the best to Division 2, Team LiveSTRONG and Innebabes and also to Division 1, Team Elite. God Bless.

Valerie.

No comments: